Transylvania Fly Fishing – Romania
Visit Transylvania - Visit Romania for business or for pleasure spend a few days fly fishing and we can guide you.
Fish a few days or stay the whole week and get to know our great fly fishing places.
We Organize Trips To Make The Fly Fishing Life Easier For You.
Here’s Some Questions To Keep In Mind
- Date of your arrival & period of your stay,
- City / location of your arrival or stay,
- Do you need our pick-up and transfer services?
- Do you need guidance or do you prefer having a self-guided tour?
- What kind of accommodation do you prefer: camping, guesthouse, hotel?
- Are you travelling alone or accompanied. If accompanied, please state the number of persons you’re travelling with you and if they are interested in fly fishing as well. We always welcome beginners and are very patient and accommodating.
- Two people/day 220 Euros or $240 USD, that includes full accommodation, breakfast/lunch/dinner, transport from lodge to river or lake, fully guided trip.
- All of our tours are 8 days/7 nights, including pickup and transfer from airport to lodge, full accommodation for 7 nights (3-4 star cabins), 3 meals /day including drinks (except alcohol drinks), transport around the fishing areas, boats, full guiding (one guide for each 2 clients all day long, i.e. If we have a group of 6 we have 3 guides and so on).
- One full package for one week costs $875 Euros or $950 USD/person.
- We accept groups of maximal 8 clients.
The price does not include: The 2 required fishing licenses, but that is very cheap, like 4USD/Day and if you buy a week license is 10 Euros/12USD per week, the Romanian Fishing Permit needs to be organized 2 weeks before the trip and costs about 40USD. Fly Fishing Rental Gear.
List Of Flies For Romania Fly Fishing Trip
- Scuds Size 18 & 16 Cream, Tan
- Pheasant Tails 18 & 16
- Birds Nest 18, 16 & 14
- Mayfly PMD Nymph 16
- Micro Mayfly Black 18
- Gold Copper John 16
- Poxyback Brown Stone 14
- Poxyback Hairs Ear 14
- Black Beatle Nymph 16
- Black Copper John 16
- Red Copper John 16
- Dry Flies
- Elk Hair Caddis 16
- Comparadun Mayfly 16 Cream
- Parachute Adams 16
- Goddard Caddis 14
- Fox Poopah 16 Green/Tan
- Light Cahill 16 & 14 Cream
- EC Caddis 16 & 14
- Foam Beatle 16
- Blue Wing Olive 18
- Black Hopper 14
ARRIVING INTO ROMANIA
There are two airports that offer international flights and we can pick you up there. Close to our fly fishing locations are the following airports:
- Cluj-Napoca International Airport (CLJ)
- Sibiu International Airport (SBZ)
There are also Tirgu Mures Airport (TGM) Timisoara International Airport (TSR)
It is very important for us though that you contact us before you book any flight, so that we can organize your pick-up.
Come and fly fish in Romania by car, bus or by train. In order to help you with more information regarding these travel possibilities, contact us and we’ll discuss the details.
What papers are needed?
American and Canadian citizens as well as citizens of Australia, New Zealand and most European countries do not need an entry visa to visit Romania, for stays up to 90 (ninety) days, accumulated during a single visit – or multiple visits – within a six-month period. However, a valid passport is required for all overseas or non-EU visitors. EU citizens can travel to Romania only by having their ID, which should still be valid for other six months. For more information visit: http://www.mae.ro/en/node/2084 and http://romaniatourism.com/entry-requirements.html.